Manage your business
As a business owner, you are having to wear many hats while trying to manage your business day to day. It is crucial that you can prioritize what has to occur within the business to meet your overall goals and objectives and there are times you may need help in doing so with all you have on your plate.It is crucial to focus on the right priorities in order to just grow organically and maintain status quo within your business.
If you find yourself wondering about any of the following questions, you could most likely use some help in setting the right priorities so that you are able to obtain the goals and objectives you have for your business.
- Do you have adequate cash flow in the business and are you able to manage your finances on a monthly basis?
- Are you able to secure financing if needed for expenditures?
- Are you able to make your payments on time and do you receive payments from your customers in order to manage your business?
- Are you on track with CRA (Canadian Revenue Agency) on your payroll, HST, and corporate tax?
- Do you have the right people in the business or externally that can help you in areas where you need expertise?
- Do you have enough time to manage your business or you stuck in your business running it and dealing with paperwork?
- Are you having employee and management issues that are contributing to chaos in the business?
- Are you compliant with all government regulations that are required in your industry or your size of business?
If you as a business owner are worrying about any of the above issues in your business, you are most likely stressed and are awake at night wondering how to address the specific problem(s) affecting your business. If your business is running and you are able to manage it and keep control over any issues that may arise, you are
At Rudy Fischer, CPA, we offer financial business consulting and coaching to help you gain more control and insight on the priorities and put a plan in place to help you meet the goals and objectives you have set for your business.
Strategy and Planning
We provide the following services under strategy and planning for businesses who are are just trying to manage their business on a day to day basis as they grow organically. Our goal is to help you grow at the right pace for your cash flow as well as your resources.
- Feasibility Study: A study which will help determine whether your idea to improve productivity with new technologies or whether replacing aging equipment has the potential to increase profitability.
- Business / Strategic Plan: A plan that updates and re validates your business strategy and adjusts/modifies all areas of the business for helping to anticipate future potential changes.
- Business Case: A plan to help in the creation and the development of the justification of technology replacement or determining when the next level of investment is required due to organic growth.
- Financial Model Development: The development of a mathematics based financial model of your business that allows the owner/operator determine possible outcomes.
running your Business
As you manage the day to day organic growth in your business it is crucial that you stay on top We provide the following financial consulting and coaching engagements to help you as you are managing your business day to day.
- Chart of Accounts Modification: Making modifications within your accounting system to accommodate shifts in product mix, changes in market conditions or new methodologies employed due to improved technologies and / or processes.
- Budgeting and Forecasting: Development of forward looking plans based on realistic goals and objectives.
- Cash Flow Management: Planning your cash flow requirements based on your sales, collection cycle, purchase, payment cycle, and capital needs.
- Product and Service Costing: Validating and modifying your costing based on inputs, your short and long term fixed, step, and variable costs for any of your products and services. Identify direct costs and allocate appropriate indirect costs for pricing purposes.
- Pricing and Packaging: Recheck and validate pricing and packaging for your products and services based on changing markets, costs of goods sold, competition, value-add, and sales channels involved.
- Business Restructuring: An engagement to help you structure your business so that it is more attractive for financing or investment.
Measurement and Performance of Your Business
As you manage your business, its is crucial to measure and keep on top of how your business is doing. We offer the following financial consulting engagements to help you with understand how your business is performance so you can know where you stand.
- Business Assessment: An engagement which is a deep dive into every part of your business in order to understand how your business is performing identify opportunities for improvement.
- Productivity Analysis and Review: This engagement will help you maximize your profits based on your current resources which include people, services, materials, asset usage, and anything else that affects your profit generating processes in your business.
- Margin Analysis: Understanding your business profits from sales and the variations that may occur based on volume and / or product mix increase, decrease, or change.
- Risk and Sensitivity Analysis: The assessment of the outcome of your financial plan based on changing assumptions and market conditions.
- Profitability Analysis: This will take your margin analysis to the next level by considering all of the operating , sales, and administrating expenses.
- Management Reporting: This would include the development of reporting tailored for management in order to run the business more efficiently and effectively.
Executive management and coaching for your business
As you manage your business, you might need to have business and financial guidance to help you making sure you stay on track. We are able to provide you with the level of help that suits you.
- Business Coaching: Acts as an advisor, counselor, and guide to the business owner to bounce ideas or gain advice for financial matters and if needed can act as a member of there team if needed.
- Executive Management: Acts as a senior member of the management team (CFO) on a part-time basis.
We are located in Durham Region, but are able to provide business coaching and business consulting services across Ontario. Our local service area includes Oshawa, Whitby, Ajax, Pickering, Clarington, Bowmanville,Peterborough, Lindsay, Port Perry, Uxbridge, Toronto, Markham,Richmond Hill, Newmarket, Vaughn, Aurora, Mississauga and Brampton. Outside our local area, travel and living expenses will be applied as required
Rudy Fischer, CPA, CMA | (289)279-1970 ext 102