FIX your business
As a business owner are you constantly finding yourself having to make one or more of the following decisions to keep your business afloat?
- Trying to determine which bills are most important to pay in order to keep your business afloat.
- Are holding off making payroll tax or HST submissions in order to pay your staff.
- Have receivables older than 90 days and wonder if you are ever going to be able to collect on.
- Owe money to the CRA and need financing to fund your business, but a bank will not loan you the money.
- You feel that things are not going as you had expected in your business.
- Not sure whether you will be able to repair or maintain your business premises or equipment.
- Seem to run short of cash on a regular basis.
Generally feel you should be making more money than you are and are not sure why you are not.
You feel like you are in a hole and need to figure out how to get your business back on track and in the black but are having difficulty determining where to start. When this is the case, it is crucial that steps are taken to in order to get you back on the road to profitability.
At Rudy Fischer,CPA, we are able to help you understand where the issues are within your business and put the right steps in place to get you and your business on a plan to work with so you can return to profitable state over a period of time.
Strategy and Planning
We provide the following services under strategy and planning for businesses who are are just trying to fix their business and get back to profitability. Our goal is to help you gain control back of your business.
- Business / Strategic Plan: A plan that updates and re validates your business strategy and adjusts/modifies all areas of the business for helping to anticipate future potential changes.
- Business Case: A plan to help in the creation and the development of the justification of technology replacement or determining when the next level of investment is required due to organic growth.
- Financial Model Development: The development of a mathematics based financial model of your business that allows the owner/operator determine possible outcomes.
running your business
These services include many of the steps that might need to occur to help you get your business back on track and running smoothly.
- Chart of Accounts Modifications: Make modifications in your accounting system to accommodate a higher level of details or provide different views of your business performance.
- Budgeting and Forecasting: Development of forward looking plans based on realistic goals and objectives.
- Cash Flow Management: Intense running of your cash flow requirements based on your sales, collection cycle, purchase, payment cycle, and capital needs.
- Product and Service Costing: Determining your short and long term fixed, step, and variable costs for any of your products and services. Identify which costs should be shed and help determine where to refocus additional attention from an investment in time and resource perspective.
- Pricing and Packaging: Determining the pricing and packaging for your products and services based on the market, costs of goods sold,competition, value-add, and sales channels involved.
- Business Restructuring: An engagement to help you structure your business so that it is more attractive for financing or investment.
measurement and performance of your business
As you work on fixing your business, it is more important than ever to measure and keep on top of how your business is doing. We offer the following financial consulting engagements to help you with understand how your business is performance so you can know where you stand.
- Business Assessment: A business assessment engagement is a deep dive into every part of your business in order to understand what went wrong and to determine how to get back on track.
- Productivity Analysis and Review: This engagement will help you maximize your profits based on your current resources which include people, services, materials, asset usage, and anything else that affects your profit generating processes in your business.
- Margin Analysis: Understanding your business profits from sales and the variations that may occur based on volume and / or product mix increase, decrease, or change.
- Risk and Sensitivity Analysis: The assessment of the outcome of your financial plan based on results achieved and determine and model the most likely outcomes based on the options to be considered.
- Profitability Analysis: This will take your margin analysis to the next level by considering all of the operating , sales, and administrating expenses.
- Management Reporting: This would include the development of management reporting tailored for your management in order to run the business more efficiently and effectively with a focus on improving the financial stability and improvement in performance.
executive management and coaching for your business
While you are fixing and healing your business business, you might need to have business and financial guidance to help you making sure you stay on track. We are able to provide you with the level of help that suits you.
- Business Coaching: Acts as an advisor, counselor, and guide to the business owner to bounce ideas or gain advice for financial matters and if needed can act as a member of there team if needed.
- Executive Management: Acts as a senior member of the management team (CFO) on a part-time basis.
We are located in Durham Region, but are able to provide business coaching and business consulting services across Ontario. Our local service area includes Oshawa, Whitby, Ajax, Pickering, Clarington, Bowmanville,Peterborough, Lindsay, Port Perry, Uxbridge, Toronto, Markham,Richmond Hill, Newmarket, Vaughn, Aurora, Mississauga and Brampton. Outside our local area, travel and living expenses will be applied as required
Rudy Fischer, CPA, CMA| (289)279-1970 ext 102